It is a privilege and an honor to wear the “EAGLES” uniform.
Parents/Guardians of Student Athletes,
The Southwest Athletics Department will be offering free athletic physicals on Thursday July 12th, 2018 at 4:00pm in the main cafeteria.
Procedures for an athletic physical require the completion of the M-DCPS Athletic Form FM-3439 Rev. (05-18).
Please note: The form (version) FM-3439 Rev.(03-17) is NOT VALID for the 2018-2019 Athletic Physicals. The revised form can be downloaded from the Greater Miami Athletic Conference web page on the and Records and Forms Management web site, (see attached link) http://gmac.dadeschools.net/forms.asp
In addition, a notary will be present to notarize the athletic physical form however please bring in proper picture identification
- Always do your best work!!
- Maintain a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0
- GPA will be calculated at the end of each semester (January and June) to determine athletic eligibility.
- Tutoring and study hall will be available.
- Come to school !!! Attendance will be monitored weekly.
- You MUST maintain less than 10 absences for the entire year
- You MUST maintain less than 20 tardies and early dismissals combined for the entire year
- Be on your best behavior!!! Earn a minimum 2.00 in conduct each semester.
- Have a current Physical on file with the athletic office prior to participation.
- You MUST USE the M-DCPS PHYSICAL FORM, which may be picked up in wall bins outside the Athletics Office or downloaded from this web page (see Athletics Eligibility Packet section below).
- M-DCPS Physical must be dated after June 26, 2017 for the 2017-18 school year.
- Purchase the mandatory school insurance prior to participation.
- Insurance is nonrefundable.
- Insurance may not be purchased until all other eligibility requirements have been met.
- Please turn in the completed Physical Packet at least one day prior to purchasing insurance.
- See the Insurance Policy Benefits section below for more information on insurance.
- $30 (cash) for all sports including football conditioning program
- additional $76 (cash) for Fall Football season
- additional $23 for Spring Football season
- Required Personal Documentation
- Bring your original Birth Certificate to the Athletics Office.
- a copy will be made for the athletic files and the original will be returned.
- American citizen must have a Birth Certificatek
- Born outside the United States- can present either a birth certificate/passport/alien card.
In order for a student athlete to purchase insurance they must present a certificate of completion for each video course: “Sudden Cardiac Arrest”, “Concussion in Sports-What You Need to Know”, and “Heat Illness Prevention”. To view the videos and obtain the certificate of completion student athletes must create an account at www.nfhslearn.com
Athletic Eligibility Packet (Download Physical Form below)
The Athletic Eligibility Packet designated by FM-3439, Revised (05-18), now contains the following forms:
- Athletic Physical Form Procedures Sheet
- Athletic Physical Form Information Sheet
- FHSAA EL2 – Pre-participation Physical Evaluation Form – Revised 03-16
- FHSAA EL3 – Consent and Release from Liability Certificate – Revised 05/18
- FHSAA EL3 – Consent and Release from Liability Certificate for Concussion – Revised 05/18
- FHSAA EL3 – Consent and Release from Liability Certificate for Sudden Cardiac Arrest and Heat-Related Illness – Created 05/18
- M-DCPS Student Contract for Student Participation in Interscholastic Competitions or Performances per School Board Policy 5845, Student Activities – FM-7155 Rev. (05-16)
- GMAC Student-Athlete Sportsmanship Contract – FM-3439, Rev. (05-18)
- M-DCPS Student and Parent Acknowledgement and Consent Form – FM-3439, Rev. (05-18)
- M-DCPS Parent Notarization and Sportsmanship Agreement page- FM-3439, Rev. (05-18)
In order for a student to participate in any of the following Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) and Greater Miami Athletic Conference (GMAC) interscholastic athletic activities: team practices, games, team try-outs, pre and post season conditioning, open gyms, open facilities, student athletic training programs, student team manager/statistician programs and cheerleading performed at any FHSAA sponsored sport, the Athletic Eligibility Packet must be returned to the athletic office, Room 152 and the student must participate in the M-DCPS mandatory athletic insurance program for the 2018-2019 school year.
Please contact Mr. Jorge Diaz, Athletics Director at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions.
See below to download. (See Files section below to download Packet)