How can I attend SOUTHWEST MIAMI HIGHSCHOOL if it isn’t my homeschool?
Different paths are available to become an EAGLE!
- Complete the Magnet Application for our Academy of Banking and Finance Magnet Program October 1st-January 15th
- Complete the CONTROLLED OPEN ENROLLMENT APPLICATION February 12th – March 12th ONE MONTH ONLY
- 2021-2022 COE Instructions for Parents *NOTE Southwest Miami HS is in the SOUTH REGION
- Complete the PARENT CHOICE APPLICATION if you’re interested in our OTHER PROGRAMS/ACADEMIES aka CHOICE PROGRAMS
Location ID: 7741
Region Office: South
Southwest Miami Senior High
8855 SW 50 Terrace, Miami, FL 33165
.NET Application Development & Programming
Broadcast Arts and Technology
Allied Health Professions
STEM Education Academy
Choice programs are thematic, curriculum-based programs offered at all grade levels and implemented during the regular school day; after school programs are not delineated as part of the Choice options. Please note that transportation is not routinely provided for Choice programs, therefore parents may need to make provisions for transporting their student(s) to these schools and programs should a transfer be granted by the appropriate Region.
Follow the Parent Choice Transfer Procedures Below:
- Visit the school site and the Choice Program to be certain you have selected the best placement for your child.
- If there is program space available:
- Complete the Parent Choice Transfer Form http://forms.dadeschools.net/webpdf/3281.pdf
- Bring the completed form to the child’s current/home-school for school administrators to sign.
- At the school site, the parent/guardian will be advised of the Region Office that will process and finalize the request.
- Additional questions about Parent Choice Transfers can be answered by the current/home-school Region Office. See Region Office contact information below.
Southwest Miami HS’ region is the SOUTH REGION and you may contact the Region through the following methods:
18180 SW 122 Avenue, Miami, FL 33177
Link to M-DCPS Transfers web page: http://attendanceservices.dadeschools.net/transfers.asp