TO PLAY A SPORT YOU MUST… Be COMMITTED to your STUDIES and your SPORT!
It is a privilege and an honor to wear the “EAGLES” uniform.
Parents/Guardians of Student Athletes,
Procedures for an athletic physical require the completion of the M-DCPS Athletic Form FM-3439 Rev. (06-21).
- Always do your best work!!
- Maintain a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0
- GPA will be calculated at the end of each semester (January and June) to determine athletic eligibility.
- Tutoring and study hall will be available.
- Come to school !!! Attendance will be monitored weekly.
- You MUST maintain less than 10 absences for the entire year
- You MUST maintain less than 20 tardies and early dismissals combined for the entire year
- Be on your best behavior!!! Earn a minimum 2.00 in conduct each semester.
- Have a current Physical on file with the athletic office prior to participation.
- You MUST USE the M-DCPS PHYSICAL FORM (see Athletics Eligibility Packet section below).
- A valid/original Birth Certificate or Passport (age verification) must be presented if new to M-DCPS.
- Purchase the mandatory school insurance prior to participation.
- Insurance is nonrefundable.
- Insurance may not be purchased until all other eligibility requirements have been met.
- $18 (cash) for all sports including football conditioning program
- $63 (cash) for Fall Football season
- $18 (cash) for Spring Football season
In order for a student athlete to purchase insurance they must present a certificate of completion for each video course: “Sudden Cardiac Arrest”, “Concussion in Sports-What You Need to Know”, and “Heat Illness Prevention”. To view the videos and obtain the certificate of completion student athletes must create an account at www.nfhslearn.com.
Athletic Eligibility Packet (Download Physical Form below)
The Athletic Eligibility Packet designated by FM-3439, Rev. (06-21), now contains the following forms:
- Athletic Physical Form Procedures Sheet
- Athletic Physical Form Information Sheet
- FHSAA EL2 – Pre-participation Physical Evaluation Form – Revised (03/16) 3 pages
- FHSAA EL3 – Consent and Release from Liability Certificate – Revised (06/21) 4 pages
- M-DCPS Student Contract for Student Participation in Interscholastic Competitions or Performances per School Board Policy 5845, Student Activities – FM-7155 Rev. (05-16) 2 pages
- GMAC Student-Athlete Sportsmanship Contract – FM-3439, Rev. (03-17)
- M-DCPS Student and Parent Acknowledgement and Consent Form – FM-3439, Rev. (03-17)
- M-DCPS Parent Notarization and Sportsmanship Agreement page- FM-3439, Rev. (03-17)
In order for a student to participate in any of the following Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) and Greater Miami Athletic Conference (GMAC) interscholastic athletic activities: team practices, games, team try-outs, pre and post season conditioning, open gyms, open facilities, student athletic training programs, student team manager/statistician programs and cheerleading performed at any FHSAA sponsored sport, the Athletic Eligibility Packet must be returned to the athletic office, Room 152 and the student must participate in the M-DCPS mandatory athletic insurance program for the 2020-2021 school year.
Please contact Mr. Jorge Diaz, Athletics Director at email@example.com, if you have any questions.
Insurance Policy Benefits