TO PLAY A SPORT YOU MUST… Be COMMITTED to your STUDIES and your SPORT!
It is a privilege and an honor to wear the “EAGLES” uniform.
Parents/Guardians of Student Athletes,
Procedures for an athletic physical require the completion of the M-DCPS Athletic Form FM-3439
- Always do your best work!!
- Maintain a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0
- GPA will be calculated at the end of each semester (January and June) to determine athletic eligibility.
- Tutoring and study hall will be available.
- Come to school !!! Attendance will be monitored weekly.
- You MUST maintain less than 10 absences for the entire year
- You MUST maintain less than 20 tardies and early dismissals combined for the entire year
- Be on your best behavior!!! Earn a minimum 2.00 in conduct each semester.
- Have a current Physical on file with the athletic office prior to participation.
- You MUST USE the M-DCPS PHYSICAL FORM. Click here to access the M-DCPS 2023-2024 Athletic Physical Packet
- A valid/original Birth Certificate or Passport (age verification) must be presented if new to M-DCPS.
- Please do not use a previous version of the athletic packet as it will not be accepted. In addition, a student athlete’s physical evaluation must be completed using the Physical Evaluation Form (EL2) and dated after July 1st, 2023. Physical forms other than the 2023-2024 Athletic Physical Packet or physical evaluations dated before July 1st will not be accepted.
- Purchase the mandatory school insurance prior to participation in room 105 during lunch.
- Insurance is nonrefundable.
- Insurance may not be purchased until all other eligibility requirements have been met.
- Information for the 2023-2024 school year will be available soon.
In order for a student athlete to purchase insurance they must present a certificate of completion for each video course: “Sudden Cardiac Arrest”, “Concussion in Sports-What You Need to Know”, and “Heat Illness Prevention”. To view the videos and obtain the certificate of completion student athletes must create an account at www.nfhslearn.com.
Athletic Eligibility Packet
In order, for a student to participate in any of the following Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) and Greater Miami Athletic Conference (GMAC) interscholastic athletic activities: team practices, games, team try-outs, pre/post season conditioning, open gyms, open facilities, student athletic training programs, student team manager/statistician programs and cheerleading, it is mandatory for the student to have a current school athletic physical packet (2023-2034) on file in the athletic office and for the student to participate in the M-DCPS athletic Insurance Program for the 2023-2024 school year.
Please contact Mr. Jorge Diaz, Athletics Director at email@example.com, if you have any questions.